COVID-19 Information & Resources
Welcome to the BRAINS’ COVID-19 Landing Page where you will find all of the resources available from our clinic for clients during this challenging time and community and online resources that can provide additional support.
Life beyond COVID-19,
We have heard it a million times “These are uncertain and unprecedented times.” Yet, we continue to marvel at the resiliency and dedication of our country and community. We hope that this note finds you and your families in good health and good spirits.
While we are all finding ourselves adapting to the unimaginable, BRAINS staff had really risen to the challenge with adaptability and creativity to keep serving our community. Navigating through daily changes, we are finding new ways to take care of you and take care of our staff – all while maintaining physical distancing. Telehealth opportunities, on-line resources, crisis consultation, and encouraging coping strategies are available.
You – our clients- remain at the core of our mission and purpose. Without your loyalty and support, BRAINS would not have endured the past 14 years. We have survived the 2009 recession, adapted to changes in insurance/financial demands, maintained CARF accreditation, and continue to embrace every challenge to make us stronger and better able to serve, no matter the circumstances.
We will continue to monitor the situation and continue to adapt as needed. We are blessed to have an abundance of green space. Rest assured, when we are given clearance to return to in-person care, safety and the wellbeing of our staff and clients will remain paramount.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to respond to the COVID situation and continue to be here for you.
Eternally grateful for your support,
Michael Wolff Psy.D, ABPdN & Rochelle Manor, Ph.D
BRAINS Information and Resources
- 1. Unwavering Support, where you need us most.
- 2. Patient Safety- Return to In-Person Care Procedures
- 3. BRAINS Response to Executive Order updated 5-08-20
- 4. Telehealth During COVID-19
- 5. Occupational Therapy Telehealth
- 6. Speech & Language Therapy Telehealth
- 7. Facebook Live Parent Support Group
- 8. Instagram (brains_potential) Daily activity posts and videos to keep children home, safe, active, and developing skills all week long.
- 9. The BRAINS Channel- YouTube
- 10. Parenting Strategies for Adolescents Staying at Home
- 11. Keeping Your Child Home, Safe, and Active with DIY At-Home Obstacle Course
- 12. Speech Bubble Episode 1: Articulation
- 13. Speech Bubble Episode 2: Speech
- 14. COVID-19 Coping for Teens
- 15. Speech Bubble Episode 3: Receptive Language
- 16. Speech Bubble Episode 4: Shared Book Reading
- 17. Speech Bubble Episode 5: The Silence Challenge
- 18. Speech Bubble Episode 6: Expressive and Receptive Language
Community Resources and Support
- 1. CDC- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 2. Michigan.gov Coronavirus Disease 2019
- 3. AccessKENT– COVID-19 Kent County Data
- 4. ARC: Anxiety Resource Center, Coronavirus and Mental Health
- 5. Autism Society– Coronavirus: Response & Resources
- 6. Autism Alliance of Michigan MiNavigator
- 7. Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness– free online meditations
- 8. WMCAT Resource Guide During COVID-19
- 9. verywellfamily.com
- 10. COVIBOOK
- 11. NESCA– Managing Stress and Making the Most of COVID-19 School Closures
- 12. BrainPOP
- 13. NASP– National Association of School Psychologists
- 14. CDC– Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 15. WZZM 13– Meals for Students
- 16. DTE, Consumers Energy restrict electrical shutoffs due to coronavirus
- 17. COVID-19 | YWCA West Central Michigan – YWCA is still open for clients
- 18. “Headspace”, a mindfulness app, is currently free for health care professionals.
- 19. The Best Kid Yoga Videos – Preschool Inspirations
- 20. Equipment Free Workouts — Xplore Nutrition
- 21. Coding For Kids: Free Classes, Websites, and Apps | Ages 8-18
- 22. Teaching Remotely for Grades K – 12 | Free Resources and Strategies
- 23. Alcoholics Anonymous Phone Meetings | AA Phone Meetings Every Day
- 24. The Child Mind Institute– Daily Video and social tile with a tip for supporting families through the coronavirus crisis.
- 25. Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- 26. Coronavirus Coloring Book
- 27. Tips for Families: Coronavirus
- 28. MIBridges: Food, Medicaid, State resources
- 29. Easterseals Michigan: School Closure Resource Kit
- 30. World Health Organization: Children’s storybook released to help children and young people cope with COVID-19
- 31. Free Access Books: For Kids, For Children +
- 32. Teens & COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities During the Outbreak
- 33. Family Media Plan
- 34. Parenting in a Pandemic: Tips to Keep the Calm at Home
- 35. Navigating social media with teens
- 36. Self-Care for Parents
- 37. Substance Use Resources For Adolescents and Young Adults
- 38. Managing Stress and Anxiety
- 39. Coronavirus Lockdown: 26 Graphic Design Resources to Engage Kids
- 40. Parenting during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 41. 10 Teaching Resources for Parents During COVID-19
- 42. National Council for Behavioral Health- Resources and Tools for Addressing Coronavirus
- 43. Mental Health First Aid, #BeTheDifference
- 44. 120 Digital Resources for Home-Schooling: Special Education, Social and Emotional Learning, and More