Summer is a great time to get ahead for the school year! With all of the unforeseen changes made to how students are being taught and the differences in how each unique individual learns, it is important now more than ever for teens to strengthen their executive functioning skills. Supplies and worksheets for EFFECT virtual group sessions will be available for parents to pick-up one week before the start of the group.
Does your teen struggle with time management, completing tasks, staying focused, and getting organized? These are the executive functions, a set of processes that all have to do with managing oneself and one’s resources in order to achieve a goal. They are neurologically-based skills involving mental control and self-regulation. EFFECT utilizes evidence-based interventions to help your teen build skills in these areas and more.
TUESDAY, JULY 28th, 2020
TUESDAY, AUGUST 4th, 2020
TUESDAY, AUGUST 11th, 2020
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2020
10:00 AM- 11:00 AM
This group is appropriate for your child if:
- they are 13-16 years of age
- they have been diagnosed with ADHD and/ or they have struggled at school with planning, organizing, or sustaining attention
- they are open and willing to learn and implement new skills
- they have access to technology for a virtual group setting and can work independently along with the group.
Your child can expect to learn:
- Strategies for organizing and planning school work
- Skills for improving sustained attention and managing distractions
- How to manage and prioritize time and tasks
- Other skills include: inhibition, flexible thinking, emotional control, initiation, working memory, and self-monitoring skills
EFFECT will meet four times virtually. Registration is required and space is limited. If you are interested in EFFECT but cannot attend on these dates and times, please email your contact information (phone number and email address) to email@example.com with your child’s name and age. Someone will contact you when another session of EFFECT is scheduled.
Sessions are facilitated by Alisha Lauchie, LMSW, CPS-R
Speak with a support staff by calling 616-365-8920 or visit us in the office during normal business hours.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, July 14th, registration will remain open until the class is filled.
$200 due in full at the time of registration.