BRAINS is excited to announce that we are hiring a part-time ABA tutors/behavioral technician to provide high quality, evidence-based, one-on-one direct applied behavior analysis therapy for children ranging in age from 18 months to 12 years diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. BRAINS provides comprehensive services for children and families, and launched an in-home Applied Behavior Analysis program in September 2017. Due to the growth in the first year of the program we now need to add more tutors to our staff. ABA sessions will occur primarily in the client’s home, with occasional sessions in the community and at BRAINS. Tutors will be supervised weekly by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Applicants must have some evening and weekend availability.
- Implementing a treatment protocol developed by the BCBA
- Responding correctly to target behaviors
- Managing challenging behaviors
- Monitoring treatment fidelity and outcomes
- Accurate and reliable data collection
- Accurate and timely completion of treatment notes in the electronic medical record
- Engage in frequent communication and collaboration with the Behavior Analyst
- A passion for working with children and adolescents and be able to maintain an engaging, safe, and fun environment while adhering to treatment protocols.
- A high school diploma/GED is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, or a child-related field is preferred
- Individuals who are interested in obtaining a graduate degree in Behavior Analysis or a related field are highly preferred
- Must also have experiencing interacting with children and a willingness to play/be enthusiastic
- Work experience under the supervision of a BCBA in an early intensive behavioral intervention program is also preferred, but not required
- Applicants must also have a reliable means of transportation, an acceptable driving record, and pass a criminal background check.
Salary Range: This is a part-time position that will require evening hours. Pay is $18/hour.