Infant Massage Parent Training
Infant Massage is a nurturing touch technique that benefits infants from birth to pre-crawling. Workshops at BRAINS are facilitated by a certified educator and licensed master occupational therapist, but classes are baby-led. According to Infant Massage USA*, families improve health and happiness with infant massage by enhancing motor development, reducing infant stress, increasing caregiver bonding and parent confidence, and enhancing infant sleep. Both caregivers are invited to attend infant massage workshops, only one caregiver will be massage per session. Babies will be naked throughout the session per massage procedures. Complimentary oils will be provided for the first session, families will be required to bring their own oils after discussing appropriate oils at the first session. It’s important that families check with their primary care physician prior to attendance to learn of any potential skin of health conditions.
Saturdays, February 2, 9, 16, 23 and March 2
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
This group is appropriate for you and your baby if:
- your infant is non-mobile and developmentally under the age of 1
- your infant struggles with upset stomach, teething pains, muscle development, fussiness, or sleep
- your infant was born premature, suffered in utero or birth trauma
- you are wanting to build parent confidence and alleviate postpartum depression
- you are an adoptive parent
- you are interested in opportunities to increase bonding with your baby
You can expect to learn:
- expertise in combined occupational therapy and massage techniques to assist with development in all areas of functioning
- how to foster love, compassion, and respect through loving touch
- how to encourage deeper and sound sleep for your baby, healthy immune system function, healthy circulation, and general well-being
- essential indicators of intimate parent-infant bonding and attachment: eye-to-eye, touch, voice, smell, movement, and thermal regulation
Families are responsible for bringing:
- an infant (birth-pre-crawling)
- a blanket
Infant Massage Parent Training workshops will meet at BRAINS Main Campus. Registration is required and space is limited. If you are interested in Infant Massage Parent Training but cannot attend on these dates and times, please email your contact information (phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and age. Someone will contact you when another session of Infant Massage Parent Training is available.
Sessions are facilitated by Danielle Boog, MS, OTR/L
Speak with a support staff by calling 616-365-8920 or visit us in the office. Registration deadline is Friday, January 18th.
$100, due in full at time of registration.
For more information or to register, please call BRAINS at 616.365.8920.