Putting the Pieces Together Parenting Workshop
Putting the Pieces Together is an extension of the BRAINS’ AUTISM 101 program. Putting the Pieces Together is a three-part series focused on supporting parents and guardians of individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Workshops will be held at BRAINS Main Campus and will include dinner. Raising children is a challenging job and becomes even more complex while raising a child with autism often leading to feelings of doubt, powerlessness, and detachment. The first workshop in the series will focus the fundamentals of Autism Spectrum Disorder and is recommended for all parents who register to attend the following Effective Parenting workshops.
Fundamentals is a presentation geared towards parents whose children have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), no matter how recently. Our mission is to provide you with a general overview of the diagnosis itself and how it may affect your family and the development of your child. ASD is much like a fingerprint in that no two children with the diagnosis will present exactly the same.
The Fundamentals of Autism
Wednesday, May 20th
6:00 PM- 8:00 PM
This presentation is appropriate for you if:
- You are the parent/guardian of a child or young adult diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- You want to better understand the signs, symptoms, and behaviors associated with ASD.
- You are having difficulties connecting with and/or parenting your child.
- You would you like to know more about the many resources available to individuals with ASD.
*Professionals and caregivers are welcome to attend but should be aware that the workshop is intended as a parent support resource.
You can expect to learn:
- about the mind body connection in relation to the behaviors and difficulties seen in children with ASD.
- how to overcome the barriers you may experience within your family dynamic and identify ways to bring more balance to your family.
- resources to assist you in fostering the development of your child within the home, school, and community settings.
Time will be provided for questions and open dialogue. Participants are encouraged to prepare questions in advance. There will be refreshments and a light dinner provided. Putting the Pieces Together workshops will be held at BRAINS Main Campus and is open to the public. Registration is required.
6:00 PM Registration and refreshments/dinner
6:15 PM Presentation
7:30 PM Q & A
8:00 PM Dismissal
Wednesday, May 20th
The Fundamentals of ASD
Wednesday, August 19th
-for parents with children 10 years of age or younger.
Wednesday, November 18th
-for parents with children 11 years of age or older.
Workshops are facilitated by Jennie Reminga, LMSW, Dr. Michael Wolff, PsyD., Thomas Denczek, LMSW, Sean Crowell, MS, OTR/L, and Brianna Kuhatschek, M.Ed, BCBA. Instructors are fully licensed clinicians at BRAINS and have extensive experience in both assessment and behavioral treatment approaches for ASD.
$50.00 (includes workshop, dinner, and take-home materials)
Registration Information: Sign-up for one or more workshops online.
Click here to register.