BRAINS Occupational Therapy department is leveraging telehealth to continue maximizing the potential of families through understanding the complex relationship between the brain, body, and real-life. Today, real-life means managing and coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic, our therapists are offering unwavering support with 45-minute, flat rate sessions to ensure that you and your child have the skills and tools needed to succeed now and into the future. Telehealth can provide value for your family and your child during this difficult time by eliminating the lapse in care that may now exist from the shut down of school providers or other care providers in your child’s life, providing a cost-effective opportunity to help your child expand and maintain academic and social skills needed for success, and reducing overall stress on the family system that results from significant life changes and transitions.
Cost: $40.00* (OT telehealth is not billable to insurance, rate is applicable to all clients regardless of insurance or diagnosis)
What will teletherapy look like? (session activities will vary depending on your child’s unique needs and goals)
- + 10-15 minutes: Movement-based. We’re going to get your child moving.
- + 10-15-minutes: Tabletop. Higher-level executive functioning, gross/fine motor, and/or handwriting skill-building activities will be tailored to your child’s specific needs and goals.
- + 15-minutes: Assessing the Week Ahead. We’ll help your child prepare for the week ahead with activities, goals, and homework for home and provide any parent consulting that can help your family thrive during this challenging time.
- + 10-15-minutes: COVID Coping. Body scanning, stress awareness, self-regulation, handwashing and hygiene, social distancing practices, alternatives to physical touch, mindfulness and relaxation, and ideas for outdoor play.
Occupational Teletherapy is available for new patients and established clients of BRAINS.
Please call us at 616-365-8920 to schedule.
* Note: The $40 flat-rate fee is a discounted rated during the coronavirus pandemic only while insurance does not cover teletherapy for occupational therapy and school services are suspended. We will return to our routine fee schedule post-pandemic.