Nancy Hamstreet, LMSW
Nancy has had experience in family therapy and has spent the last 20 years as a school social worker. She has experience and knowledge in navigating the special education and Section 504 eligibility process within schools as well as providing direct services to children.
Nancy has also received extensive training from the START initiative (Statewide Autism Resources and Training). She feels that the training and strategies she has learned and practiced through START have helped her provide successful supports to children on the Autism Spectrum and many other children who struggle with social and/or behavioral challenges. She is passionate in her quest to help individuals of all ages and backgrounds find success and joy in their lives.
- BA Liberal Arts — Grand Valley State University — 1978
- BA Education — Aquinas College — 1980
- MSW — Western Michigan University — 1998
Areas of Interest
- Positive Behavior Support
- Educational Support Systems
- Childhood Anxiety and Depression